FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Like" Button?
Thread: "Like" Button?
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:26 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Oh good grief. You make it sound as though FTers have been clamoring for this for a decade when FB barely got started back then.

The other - and quite frankly more important thing - is that FTers themselves are split pretty evenly on whether they want like, so your red comment doesn't really apply. We encountered that with the titles issue. A fter saying do something when each time the topic was brought up FTers were equally split on whether they wanted it or not, and that's how the vote went.

As a TB member I'm willing to keep an open mind. As a fter I'm against like for the reasons I outlined earlier in this thread. Besides not wanting to read a gazillion like a one person saying a post has value or is correct doesn't' t make it so.

Ps -the news button is a trial at this point and only available to mods and a few long time FTers and TB members. Because of that I'm quite surprised you'd bring it up publicly. For others who Don't fit into the category of FTers currently granted access for the trial bit are now wondering why it is, it's basically a button that allows you to alert IB to a thread that you think is newsworthy and should be considered for news on FT' s home page. It's made clear it should be something newsworthy. Right now there are hiccups such as where it's positioned, etc, and there may be changes etc, so nsx basically jumped the boat by bringing it up.

Cheers

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 9, 2014 at 10:43 pm Reason: explaon news bitton since nsx brought it uo...