FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How have you redeemed Chase Ultimate Rewards points?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:11 pm
wise2u

nope

Originally Posted by drminn
Actually your math is off - he got $1333 worth of merchandise for 100K points. Just saying .., still not a great deal but he is happy.
Nah, the price on just the tv after BB discount was $1200 on their site. This was through UR's site and they had just added BB as a partner. It was a definite mistake that the point requirements were so low. sorry I don't have the exact numbers for all the items. Item prices varied, so much that some people were returning items for store credit, like the $150 3D Bluray that was about 5k points.
I do still have the receipt for the TV. I paid 57481 points for Samsung PN59D6500 59-Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3D Plasma HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL] and it is on amazon right now for $1500.

All in all I think the value of the stuff just after the sale was about $2500+ total, so to me .025 pp was a great merch redemption.
Since then I have acquired 200K more in UR and they just sit in my account doing nothing. I have plenty of UA and BA, so I may have to get the hyatt card and use them there for a better value.
And yeah, I am very happy with the entertainment setup. To me it holds more value over the years, than the memory of a first class flight or hotel stay.