FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:53 am
BrlDsguise

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by carpetoday
Hello All,

I have 2 HHonors certificates that are set to expire next week so I need to use them this weekend. I've worked out a whole trip around using my certificates at the WA Grand Wailea however today when I called to make the reservation they told me I could not. They cited that no Terrace-view rooms were available (going on the website for 70K, $319/night) which are apparently the only rooms the certificate can be used for. However, there are garden view rooms available (going on the website for 86K, $309/night) but they said their system wont allow them to book this room.

Has anyone run into this issue and were able to successfully use the certificates? Would really appreciate your advice on how to go about this.

Thanks much.
This is typical of them, they rarely have standard rewards (70k) rewards available. Unfortunately the T&C of the certificates is that they can only be used for standard reward rooms.