FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:03 am
makfan

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
AA 163 JFK-SFO J Class

Flew this Saturday night. J was about 12/20. Having two seats to oneself is heaven.

It was a long night at JFK. AA 164 from SFO diverted to BUF. They took our assigned plane (which had been sitting at JFK all day) to operate an LAX flight and gave as the plane from 164 when it was able to take off and continue to JFK. We boarded late and they had all the F and J passengers stand in the jet bridge because they only catered the plane from the rear door and had to move carts back and forth. They let us board in little spurts when the aisle was clear. We got off the gate an hour late and it took nearly an hour to get in the air due to heavy traffic and delays for nearby thunderstorms.

Back to the food.

No PDB due to the screwy boarding. Water bottles passed out before gate departure, and Bose headsets passed out during our stay on the taxiway (although we were moving except for the first 10 minutes or so).

In many ways, it seemed unchanged. Warm nuts with the first round. Menus before departure. Trays were different, but still had a cloth for the tray table and a cloth on the actual tray. I like the new dishes, personally. Still got salad an appetizer and bread basket. Then they cleared the first round and brought out the mains. Had the filet which had a pink center. Finally the sundaes with the same choices or fruit/cheese plate. Did notice no fruit salad option. After I woke up a from a good nap, the fruit and goody basket was sitting on a cart near the lav. Warm cookies brought about an hour before landing, but only on napkins instead of little plates. Choice of chocolate chip or sugar, and they seemed like the old baked-on-board cookies. We had a good crew that got everything served pretty quickly (given that we weren't airborne until 9:40 pm, this was appreciated). Never brought any carts in the aisle. I missed the hot towel as I dozed off during the climb and they were picking up the used ones when I woke up.

Last edited by makfan; Sep 8, 2014 at 2:32 am