FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:53 am
makfan

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
AA 10 LAX-JFK Early RedEye J class

First flight with the new meals, although this route is one of the exceptions.

PDB was the water/OJ/champagne in the plastic stem glasses.

The dishes were the new ones pictures elsewhere. Nuts were warmed, although not super hot. Nuts and drink and food served all at once within the first hour after takeoff.

One of the late night options was more substantial than I remember from past red-eyes. It was a full hot plate with crusted chicken with sweet potatoes and peas. The other two were caesar salad with a chicken skewer and soup, or the usual fruit and cheese. I had the hot chicken and it was fine. It came with bread and a small salad and a tub of 3 Twins salted caramel ice cream.

I don't know if there were cookies as I slept on and off after I ate. They did come around really close to arrival with the yogurt bottles.

I like the new main plating - the old oval dishes that went from oven to your tray had all the items congealing together a lot of the time. The main course for meals I had on this trip seemed to be presented in a nicer way due to the new plating.

Other than a delay after boarding for a couple of things, an uneventful evening. Made up most of the delay in the air.

Last edited by makfan; Sep 8, 2014 at 2:33 am