FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling for Culture and Where to Stay
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:11 pm
pricesquire
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I will say as a virtuoso guest I found the recognition quite good. I was in contact with the hotel before hand and they offered to upgrade me from a jr suite to a 1 bedroom suite prior to arrival. In addition, they ensured that it was a renovated suite as well. The front desk acknowledged the virtuoso benefits too. Finally I received a bottle of wine and a nice pimento cheese and crackers amenity. I've definitely had worse virtuoso recognition at other hotels.
Yeah, I've heard that. And that's why I feel OK sending others there. It's just not my personal favorite [otherwise, it's a completely serviceable 4-5 star hotel].

Do you know anything about the Rutledge inn? I think it's owned by the same people as wentworth.
I've wondered the same thing [regarding ownership] for awhile. I can't tell if they're just in the same 'network' or 'association' - or whether it's genuinely one owner? I do know that they rep Circa 1886 - and send their clients there.

Here's the assoc., for what it's worth: http://www.charminginns.com/inns-restaurant/

I haven't stayed there [it's 1 of 3 in the HD I haven't checked out]. That said, I've heard/seen conflicting things. On the one hand, reviews - both online and from friends - are pretty good, bordering on great. On the other hand, I've seen pictures [both on TA and otherwise] and the place just looks so, so dated. I've never really had an urge to stay there, but if the opportunity arose, I'd check it out in a heartbeat.

Perhaps this should actually be split into a charleston sc thread...
Hah, yeah probably. In our defense, the OP did ask about 6+ destinations, so it was inevitable something like this would happen.

I do think a "Luxury hotels of Charleston SC" thread would be a huge benefit to this forum. I was thinking about writing a post about it myself within the next few months [was going to CHS for a week and was going to hotel hop until I had enough info for a lengthy write up -- I still may do this]