FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber in Germany
Thread: Uber in Germany
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:43 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by caspritz78
I think Uber in the USA makes perfectly sense. Taxi service in most cities the US is horrible. I lived in San Francisco for six months and I have never seen such an unreliable, disorganized and mismanaged taxi service ever. Even in Kuala Lumpur or Saigon the service was better and more reliable.

In Germany the taxi service is well regulated and in the upper most cases very efficient. With the introduction of the very very good MyTaxi App it even entered the 21st century.

I addition you as a guest have certain rights when using a licensed taxi and you are insured when on board a taxi. With Uber it is just between you and the driver and god knows what happens if you get hurt in an accident.

To answer LR2013 question. If you are looking for a service you can order via an app take a look at the mytaxi app which is available for iOS and Android.
I pretty much agree with everything caspritz says. I use myTaxi all the time and it's great. I would never consider Uber in Germany (or anywhere else in Europe). What's the point?