FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian-UA codeshares - did UA forget to load the flights into the system/website?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:14 pm
daffy99

Programs: UA 1k MM
Question Ethiopian-UA codeshares - did UA forget to load the flights into the system/website?

Ethiopian Airlines, and several industry reporters, have noted that UA and ET entered into a codeshare agreement that apparently took effect several days ago -- "Ethiopian Airlines is pleased to announce that it has entered into a codeshare agreement with United Airlines, effective 30 August 2014."

I tried to make a booking for early next year that included IAD-ADD, but all UA.com could come up with was the tired old IAD-FRA-ADD routing using LH, which I will never do again (because of both the LH and FRA components - no fun fighting through the awful FRA connection to get zero PQM and PQD on the long LH sector !!).

My understanding of "effective" is that codeshare flights should have been available as of the end of last month, and certainly should have been available by early next year.

Did UA forget to implement the agreement ?? Can anyone shed any light on this ??