FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fast food brands you really want to see in Singapore
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:57 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aster
Having checked out Muchachos yesterday, I'd say that Baja Fresh is way better.

The only good thing about Muchachos was the guacamole. As for everything else it's a step down from Baha. The salsa was below average (el cheapo canned tomatoes), there was no open salsa bar or anything like that, just two near-empty bottles of orange sludge at the end that nobody even bothered refilling.

It was worth checking it out as I'm always willing to try something new, but it's back to Baha Fresh next time. The open salsa bar is simply unbeatable.
Hmm, not sure what get's you so excited about Baja Fresh and the salsa bar here in SIN, but then tastes differ. I find the food there super mediocre and not close to worth the money. Service is crummy and soso at best and it is just far away from an average outlet operated in the States.

But then I lived for 3 years in Phoenix so my standards for good Mexican and Southwest / Tex-Mex are maybe a bit lofty to reach. I have tried a few places here in SIN and didn't find any that I would rush back too.

The Chilli's at Tanglin was okay in the early days when they got US staff to train and set up, but the last two visits were utterly disappoiting food wise and I won't go back to waste my money another time.

Chipotle would be great, In-and-Out would be awesome, but again I don't think the standars one is used too in the States are easily met here.

It is a mix of staff skills, food taste, pricing, etc. that just doesn't gel in my view. Even if places are good and successful initially often it doesn't take long and they take a dive for the worse with food quality declining, pricing increasing, service deteriorating, etc. That goes for fast food joints the same as for restaurants.

But then maybe I'm just one picky bugger

Last edited by demue; Sep 4, 2014 at 3:03 am