FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody get sick day after a flight?
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:10 pm
desertgeorgiapeach

I get sick the day after every flight

sunnyjl, New to this forum. I was diagnosed with Lyme and Morgellons in February 2006. Even a one-hour flight puts me flat on my back the day after the flight. Sometimes I'm sick for 4 or 5 days.

I am not picking up bacteria on the plane or in the airport; the bugs are already in me and they love the low oxygen on a flight and maybe the air presurizing. Cipro seems to help me get back on my feet but this last flight it did not help.

My guess is that it's not the Lyme spirochete, but one of the co-infections of Lyme. I am CDC positive for Lyme but testing for Bartonella and Babesia was negative, for what it's worth.

I think the infection that causes me problems flying may be Mycoplasma. There is a lab that can successfully test for mycoplasma, however, I must be off all herbs and medications for one month before testing. I don't think I could live through that month without meds.

Are you continuing to get sick after a flight? Or, is anyone else? I can find so little info regarding this symptom of flying.