FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet another flight diverted over reclining seat, this time Delta
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:17 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
These diversions can't be cheap for the airlines. Though perhaps after enough of them maybe the airlines will make changes to their sardine cans, aka - coach/economy cabins. I can keep hoping, right?
That hope is one thing. Expectations are another.

I expect that customer-friendly improvements on this item will go unrealized -- at least absent government regulation/legislation that further restricts cramping in passengers. I doubt that such regulation/legislation would happen -- sort of like I how doubt that it would change even with litigation against the airline for supposedly increasing the risk of more serious injuries and deaths as a result of cramping in seats such that it results in making evacuation of flights harder.

Originally Posted by HDQDD

I won't attempt to blame the carriers, or the cost minded pax. But I will say this: If enough people keep acting like inmates, they'll start treating everyone like inmates.
The TSA already treats passengers like inmates. The airline crew members treating passengers like inmates would just align the experiences.

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Perhaps it is prudent advice for all future seat reclinations to be coordinated individually with a FA.
The FAs aren't always willing to explain that a passenger should be allowed to recline the seat when others in the cabin are allowed to recline the seat; nor are the FAs all willing to get involved in such situations.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 2, 2014 at 7:28 am