FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion for anyone attempting to extract their LANPASS card from LAN.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:28 am
ttuna3

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
To be somewhat fair to LAN I've only had a problem 3 out of the 8 years I've had status with them.

The issue generally seem to be related to IT messing up my address given that my cities (I've moved) don't appear in their drop down menu and it takes several times on the phone and emails to get things right. The address problem has also happened out of the blue before I moved (at that point 14 years in the same place) so it's not just changing towns involved. Every time this particular LANism happens it usually takes months to resolve and I've actually had to get up to supervisor level a couple of times at OW lounges to get access because I didn't have my card yet even with my status showing up on my ticket and boarding pass along with my expired card.

The biggest issue is a couple of the male Customer "Service" reps will just parrot back to wait for the time to process even if they're well over the 45 day window or reminding them that per lan.com the package was due out within 15 days(now it's 18) and copping an attitude while their doing it. Ended up talking to the same one on the phone and then he gives me the line about how I can't talk to a supervisor, Facebook comment got me an email from a manager with a tracking number. One of the good ladies told me when I was dealing with a seating issue that somebody up high had mentioned something to the CS management about annoying the elites and not being truthful wasn't good for bonuses. Of course there's still the Back Orifice involved in a lot of this.