FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Dubai and Doha SIXT
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:33 am
raunow

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Checked on my Sixt Dubai reservation today, since I considered changing it based on the poor feedback in this thread.

Back when I booked before summer the only car groups offered online were:
- EDAR (Toyota Yaris)
- CDAR (Nissan Tiida)
- FDAR (MB C class)
- LDAR (MB E class)
+ various higher classes.

Now, however, in addition to these the following classes are also offered online:
- SDAR (VW Jetta)
- IDAR (MB A Class)

So assuming the VW Passat is in IDAR, the OP was actually offered a two class Diamond upgrade (CDAR->IDAR) which seems pretty generous to me.

Also looking at the station details, it seems that the Sixt airport stations in DXB and AUH are not the main locations/depots, which would explain why they are unable to offer the higher car classes on short notice.

This of course doesn't justify the occasional poorly cleaned/maintained cars, poor communication skills or incomplete inventory online, but I don't see any support evidence of downright lying (neither did the OP share if the involvement of Sixt Customer service led to any enlightenment or resolution).

So I've decided to stick with Sixt for my upcoming DXB rental, and changed my booking to IDAR which cost only a little more than CDAR (sticking to my general rule of thumb "Book what you can live with, hope for an upgrade and demand honesty" .-)