FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor now Confirmed: New Southwest Livery Scheme
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:49 pm
flyventure

Originally Posted by diver858
WN's poor schedule performance over the next year, dropping of some smaller markets, complications with rollout of international service requires SOME type of hype to calm the koolaid drinkers, change the negative media narrative. The upcoming network changes from the expiration of the Wright amendment provides the perfect opportunity to make a big splash, new marketing campaign could explain recent behaviors.

The only way I could see SWA adopting the Airtran brand was if Kelly decided to adopt their policies - reserved seats, first class cabin - which does not seem very likely.
Who said anything about WN adopting the FL brand?

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I though it was just a result of flushing all of the Airtan stuff out of the system, in anticipation of their final closure.

I agree that someday they will rename the airline to position themselves as a truly national/international airline. But that will be the next management team. If Herb was still in charge they probably would have done it already.
Because Northwest had so many struggles over the decades being a truly national/international airline with their directional name?