FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MileagePlus Change - RDMs Will Be Calculated by Spend, Not Distance
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:12 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
I'm at 900K Lifetime and have been a 1K for 5+ years.

And, this is the exact way I look at it...the real loophole is to fly another carrier but credit back to UA, within the next year (when I'll hold Plat status).

Then, I'll be out of UA's grasp and most likely loving every bit of it. My strategy (as posted in the other thread) is to get rid of my ties to UA (even so close to 1MM) and get a SPG credit card, do a bunch of spending and fly the airline that is best for a specific set of flights. Then, when it comes time to redeem miles - transfer my SPG points the airline's program that I can maximise - if that's BA Avios, great, if it's ANA perfect and if it's AS - awesome...I'll have a nice 'free agent' period where I'll try other airlines and get out of the crap that UA has thrown on me for the past many years (oh yeah, since 03 March 2012).

I'm surely not UA's best customer, but I'm walking out the door and will be happy to get away from trying to always fly UA solely because of benefits, etc.

-jeremy
You must be an international flier as this would not work for domestic USA fliers. No other *A carrier to fly domestically USA now the US has gone to the dAArk side.