FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying to PEK
Thread: Flying to PEK
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:15 pm
bullroot

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Flying to PEK

It's my first trip to Beijing in a few years and I wasn't sure about the visa situation. I read the new 72 hour transit visa info on the Chinese embassy website, and decided to email them for more details.

Below is a snippet of the response. So I'm pretty sure I meet the transit visa requirements; however will BA make the request automatically via my booked ticket, or do I need to make the request before flying, or on arrival?

"A foreign national that meets the requirements may submit his/her request to the airline company that carries him/her and the airline company or the passenger him/herself shall make the application to the border control authorities that shall grant a temporary entry of a passenger meeting the requirements for transit visa exemption upon verification."

Additionally, I am guessing the menu will be a mixture of Chinese and Western food. Any examples of what to expect in J in terms of food options on this flight?