FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems making prepaid rentals
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:20 pm
Jeff050

Problems making prepaid rentals

Does anyone else have issues getting the prepaid rentals to work from the Budget.com website? I would say 50% of the time when I try and make one I get some vague problem with card error which is not the case at all. The charge gets approved from my credit card company when I try to make the reservation but the website gives me the CC error, the reservation is cancelled and the pending charge on my card gets reversed the next day. It pulls the same CC info from my Rapidrez profile everytime when I start to check out and in fact even when trying other cards I get the same error. I've had my CC company (Capital One) call their CS on my behalf 3 or 4 times trying to understand what the problem is, Capital One doesn't see any problems on their end, they approve the charges but the CS people at Budget can never explain the error. They always offer to make the reservation over the phone but I don't want that because I won't get the prepaid rate. I just want their website to work. Sometimes I'll try again the next day without changing anything and it goes through perfectly fine. Their doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on when it will work or not work. There has to be some technical glitch going on with the prepaid reservation system. Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has had similar problems.