FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Tokyo Station, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:49 pm
worldtravel123

I stayed here in July and was very pleased

We quite enjoyed this hotel. It was a point stay as a Platinum member.

From Narita: We took the Narita Express train from Narita to Tokyo Station. It was an hour long ride.

Finding the Hotel: I had read that it was a little hard to find b/c it wasn't a stand alone hotel, but is part of an office building. Make sure you have directions to walk from the train station to the hotel - it will take you 5-10min depending on how fast you walk. If you want to take a cab, have the name of the hotel written in Japanese to give to the driver - there is a good chance they will not speak English. The hotel lobby is on the 4th floor I believe, and rooms are down from there. As long as you plan ahead you shouldn't have issues.

Front Desk: The front desk was very helpful in helping us with booking cars and restaurants and answering general questions. A good front desk is esp. helpful in Japan where the language barrier is a problem.

Room: The room was nice and what I expected for a business style Marriott property. Everything was clean and daily room service was good. I don't believe we got any upgrades.

Breakfast: As a Marriott Platinum I got free breakfast vouchers for the Lava restaurant downstairs (the voucher said Gold & Plats). It was a buffet with a lot of different options - breads, juices, cereals, cooked to order omelets, and so on. I was very impressed and hadn't been sure I would get breakfast even.

Location: I was very pleased with the location. It was a 5min walk to Tokyo Station, which had a ton of dining and shopping options. Check out the ramen places in Tokyo Station. There is also a depato. Another 5-10min walk is the Ginza area with a ton of shops. The Tsukiji Fish Mkt is a 20min walk or a $10-15 cab ride. The Kabuki-Za theater is a 15-20min walk. The Tokyo Station also has a direct line to Tokyo Disney.