FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Go Turkey on Jetstar, Turkish J/Y, Pegasus and Singapore J
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:13 am
ycp81

I settled for the comedy "Identity Thief".

Slightly less than 2hrs before arrival, lights were switched on for the breakfast service to commence. Hot towels and freshly squeezed orange juice were offered.

Breakfast trays were distributed according to what you have ordered earlier. Again, no carts were used and trays were brought out individually from the galley. I had chosen the muesli for starter.

Fresh fruit platter was already on the tray, and warm croissants were also offered, along with strawberry jam and honey, and a warm cup of coffee.

After the fruit platter was cleared, my ordered Scrambled eggs with toast was delivered. This tasted alright, not the best inflight breakfast I had.

After breakfast was cleared and another hot towel offered, lights were dimmed again for us to rest till landing. Finished my movie and scrolled around the IFE again. There was an info page on TK's fleet, here showing the facts of the A340-300.

Soon we were descending into Istanbul in the darkness. Cabin was cleared and we were approaching Istanbul.

Landing on Istanbul Ataturk Rwy05. Braking was harsh as we landed on the shorter 2.5km (short for a widebody) runway. We actually arrived more than an hour ahead of schedule at 0420am when the scheduled arrival time is 0535am! Flight time was only slightly more than 10hrs. However we had a rather long taxi to the remote stand where we parked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBal...rW0dYXoZc9I2ZA

My seat for the last 10hrs of flight.

Seats across the aisle.

Disembarked using Door 2 just behind us and Business Class pax had a dedicated bus to ferry us to the terminal.

Our aircraft is names 'Mersin'.

Short bus ride to the terminal building, and immigration was really fast due to our very early arrival, avoiding the rest of the morning peak flights. Our bags would be transferred to the Izmir bound flight, so no bags collection needed.

Turkish Airlines Business Class has really shown its effort to achieve the "Best European Airline" and "Best Catering" status through its inflight offerings. Catering wise, there is no doubt that TK Business is in a class of its own, probably only matched by a couple of ME carriers. However service wise, the crew, though mostly casual and efficient, lacked pro-activeness, warmth and positive body language when interacting with passengers, and definitely needed some polishing to attain World-Class carrier standards. With TK rapidly expanding these few years, this would be a challenge they would need to meet.