FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I need a laptop with Windows XP and Office 2003 --don't laugh
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:38 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by cubbie
There's a lot of interesting stuff for me to reflect on and reply to in this thread, but let me just interject here that this IS the situation: Loved One needs to be able to work in Word and Excel 2003 and with XP away from the home office at times --- sometimes in another part of the house, sometimes at a customer's house. He does not need to get on the internet while he's doing that or email files. He can wait til he gets back to a safe computer to do that. He just needs to be able to work on Word and Excel files, alone or with a customer, in the version he's comfortable with (2003 or using something like Ubit that will emulate 2003).
If your SO only uses Word &Excel, and Word & Excel only, the OS release is almost irrelevant. Just add both shortcuts in the desktop and half of the problem solved!

Just in case, convert the Win7 appearance to Classic shell and it will be very similar (at least at first look) tomWin XP ^