FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:53 pm
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
In your case, you were able to find a seat in my case I wasn't for ~ 45 minutes, when I finally left and didn't go back the next two evenings. Imo, it wasn't better than no lounge at all, when a number of the users of the lounge were not entitled. In short, it is the only thing holding this property back from being one of the best values and best run Hilton properties.
I can fully understand that happening given what we saw at the end of July and I would be as annoyed / disappointed as you are, particularly given that we at least chose the property in part because it has a lounge (to give a 12-year-old a taste of the high life ).

The crowding and general "feeding frenzy" atmosphere didn't do a lot for us either. I'd hate to see them react to complaints by simply shutting the lounge though. Without reviewing this entire thread I imagine that the lounge is far less crowded much of the rest of the year.