FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Go Turkey on Jetstar, Turkish J/Y, Pegasus and Singapore J
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:14 pm
ycp81

The Purser, 2 female crew and an onboard chef were in charge of Business Class service this evening. Upon boarding, an assortment of welcome drinks comprising of water and various juices was offered. I chose the fresh raspberry juice, which came with a "welcome" swizzle stick. Nice first impression of the famed TK catering service! Hot towels, magazines and newspapers were also offered.

Inflight magazines, which were packed in a clear file. The magazines contained a business mag, TK's inflight mag "Skylife" and a Business-class dedicated "Skylife Business".

Noise-cancelling headphones.

Passengers were boarded rather efficiently and we pushed back even before the scheduled departure time. Safety video was played.

Took off from Rwy14R into the darkness. I filmed the takeoff from the front camera view function on the IFE. I was a really long takeoff roll and the slow climb of the A340 could really be felt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVAIr...rW0dYXoZc9I2ZA

Shortly after takeoff, cabin lights were brought back on. IFE was started while I was still enjoying the huge legroom that the seat offered. This was gonna be a comfortable long-haul flight!

The amenity kit came in a red-coloured reusable tablet holder.

Amenities laid out: Eyeshades, socks, toothbrush set, comb, shoehorn, Crabtree & Evelyn hand-cream and lipbalm. Not the best amenity kit out there but one of the better ones.

Wines and drinks menus were also distributed. A bar was also set up at the front of the cabin, where crew would use go to prepare drinks.

Wine list. I did not try the wines or champagnes so could not comment on them.

Beverages offered.

Menu selection for the supper service. Really hard to make up our minds on the choices when the onboard chef came to take our orders for starters and mains.

And the breakfast selection menu card, which we would fill up and collected by the chef before bedtime. Pens were also distributed for us to fill up the cards.