FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Tap into Luxury' : SPG contest, win nights, Starpoints etc, play daily thru 30Sep14
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:54 am
Oxon Flyer
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Same for me today. That is, I was able to spin twice. Then when I did the same for my partner, it kept spinning but never gave the opportunity for her to win. For a diff't account, it should've worked.

ETA: Just tried again for her account. Still spins, but never gives the option to see if she won.
I've just seen the same : if you spin twice with one spg member number then try again with a different member number / email address, it doesn't allow the second member to participate. Poor programming / testing.

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
That's not entirely correct. The prize list is :
  • 195 Free Night Awards available for any SPG-participating Category 1-5 hotel or resort. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) is US$145.00.
  • Starpoints® Award: 390 Awards available. 500 Starpoints: ARV US$12.50; 1,000 Starpoints: ARV US$25.00; 5,000 Starpoints: ARV US$125.00.
  • iTunes® US$50.00 Gift Card: 156 Awards available. Prize only available to U.S. residents with a mailing address in the U.S.
  • $50.00 Ticketmaster Cash Code: 975 Awards available. Prize only available to U.S. residents.

This has to be one of the most convoluted promotions ever run
Another annoyance : once you are logged in, one of the spin screens says : 'You’re eligible to win Free Night Awards, Starpoints and more, along with being entered for the grand prize based on where you land with each spin', and the next screen says 'Keep spinning the SPG globe through September 30, 2014, for more chances to win instant prizes that include Free Night Awards, Starpoints®, Live Nation Ticketmaster® Cash Codes and iTunes® gift cards.'

This is shown even when you are a non-US resident, and not actually eligible to win these prizes.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 31, 2014 at 1:34 am