FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Starting Summer 2014 [route discussion]
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:42 pm
idiosyncrasy

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by TWA884
Right. Cathay Pacific's flights are never full and kids and babies are forbidden.

I agree with one thing, the Y pitch at CX is 1" more than at AA; however, it doesn't appear as if their TV monitors tilt in coach.
Of course you'll never avoid children on any airline. I found the CX seats far more comfortable and the service was far superior, even if it was just the better looking flight attendants that made the difference . I recall being able to tilt my screen on the CX flight, but you know, memories are a funky thing. I definitely don't recall having to compress my neck and stare down to see the screen though.

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Damn. My worst fear. I'm wondering is it worth just cancelling our current tickets and rebooking into CX premium economy. J cabin is filling up fast so looks unlikely that we'll get our upgrades. CX PE doesn't look bad at all, may even be better than AA J.
Stick with your tickets and go for the experience. Maybe it'll work out, maybe not. Then you'll know for the future whether or not you want to do this again.