FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:53 pm
ORD-TGU

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Restaurant.com used to be useful, now it's so worthless it's a borderline scam.
It is your opinion, but I disagree.

I live in Chicago where there are thousands of participating establishments. Most are small restaurants that use this program to attract business. They don't have huge marketing budgets.

I have had many positive experiences and returned. I do tip on full amount. Some are BYOB

I have been participating in this program for the last 10 years. Before you could get $50 off certificates for $1. (It was a Christmas offer for 90% off, I bought 100 certificates, then have been able to exchange them).

Now I just discover small ethinc restaurants, and double/triple dip with ebates and mileage dinning programs. I used to go to a bar and drop $100, get $50 off on a bar tab.

So not worthless or a scam for me. It is almost the same reasoning common folks have about frequent flier programs, not being able to redeem their miles for thanksgiving travel for a family of four, booking two weeks in advance, pure scam.