FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New UA BF seat research
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:55 am
ORD4R

Programs: UA-1K-MM AA-EXP-MM
Competitive YES, but better? no clear evidence to support that

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
The seat market is competitive, and the vendors are fighting for airline share. So they've presented UA with something better than AA / DL, and probably at a similar price as they get the cost down with each iteration.

It won't blow Etihad away, but history says the new seat will beat AA and DL's current installs.
I don't want to discuss details because of the NDA but having tested the prototypes and flown on the current AA 777-300 seat and the Delta seat, I would say these seats are competitive but not necessarily better. I think for some people they will be better but for some they will not depending on personal preferences.

The prototypes shown were a significant leap forward from the current UA/CO seat but NOT a significant leap forward from the new AA 777-300 seat by any measure that I could detect.

We should be happy that UA is not considering a less than state of the art seat like the business class seat Lufthansa is currently rolling out, which does not even offer direct aisle access for all seats.