FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA AIR Elite Class Premium Economy Review (777)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:27 pm
undersky

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Do you have a pic of just the amenity kit and contents alone ? Seems like this is a newer version of the kit and looks very similar to TK's Y class pensil case kit. (Y class not Comfort class) Earlier this year I got one that looks like a coin purse, just toothbrush/paste and lip balm.

I am not familiar with TPE's fare, but $2000 still seems quite steep, I would assume Y class fare would be a lot less than $1700 when it is low season. As I had looked before going to HKG from JFK (since BR doesn't go to ORD where I live), elite class is often $600+ more than regular Y. UA and NH however is already hovering around $1000-$1200.
buying on the day of the flight:

JFK-TPE-HKG RT:
EVA Economy Web Special: 1700
EVA PE: 2000

SFO-TPE-HKG RT:
EVA Economy Special: 1400
EVA PE: 1700
CX PE: 3700

Prices are probably cheaper if you buy it earlier than the day of, but usually they are the same for CX and EVA PE products. I have checked their prices before and ended up buying CX twice, almost semi-last minute, and prices were always the same. For me, CX PE is always $2000~2500 (i pay the higher one to upgrade to J), and BR PE has always been $1700-1900. These were West Coast to Asia (same prices regardless final destination; maybe $100 difference which is negligible).

This time, both flights were sold out or nearly sold out, so CX price was very high. If you query a date a few months later, the price goes back down to the standard $2000.

In my opinion, CX is still a superior product even connecting HKG to TPE, due to the nicer foot rest, nicer food (J class entree), sparkling wine pre-flight drink (still got those?), and lounge access for a lowly silver member.

However, BR PE does give you priority luggage handling that CX doesn't give you. HKG is also a much better airport to connect at. CX planes are newer too.

p.s. i bought several tickets for various people departing from various parts of US to Asia for this trip, hence I had multiple data points.

As for the amenity kit, I don't seem to have an unopened one so the content is missing....sorry.