FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bloggers posting wrong and misleading advice
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:37 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CUZCO, PERU
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I just finished an interesting PM back and forth with sbm12 and am tired to repost my arguments again

Just a few notes. My site was never about "facts", I get enough "facts" from so many expert bloggers trying to sell me something every blog post it appears! My site is about entertainment mostly, some educating and rarely some inspiring. I leave the "facts" to the true experts, cough!

As readers of BA blogs, we would like to know more about how they make their money. I think it will help us make better consumer decisions. I believe this space lacks transparency BIG time and then we get called on for not getting our facts straight? In a hobby site nevertheless? When some others in BA going totally nuts on Amex cards suddenly trying to convince us they just became a better value lately while another one disputes this "fact" selling the same cards? I mean, how ludicrous is that?

I am not angry, just amused.
Sorry you are so tired. Take a nap then come back and post the controversial bits!

I did notice that suddenly the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is getting a lot of digital ink. VFTW's commercial was by far the worst: SkyPesos still suck. But here's my affiliate link because you get 50k of them.

Pretty funny stuff.

At least OMAAT spent some time to come up with some reasons why his readers might want to want to click on his affiliate link for those skypesos....

Of course the irony is that Gary's bad commercial was definitely more accurate: skypesos still mostly suck.

Last edited by kokonutz; Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 am