FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Silicon Valley, CA (formerly W Silicon Valley) [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:55 am
applecow

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Ambassador Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The staff here is awesome. I used to stay here quite often. I hope they retained their staff.

I'll kind of miss the Whatever, Whenever that came with it being a W though. They went way above and beyond for me. I desperately needed to get a book that was only at a bookstore in Berkeley (~50 minutes away), run lots of errands and make a flight on the same day. It would have been impossible for me to do all three by myself.

I asked if they could help me get the book and without hesitation, they said yes. I came back from running errands and found the book sitting in my room. I was charged cost of book and the bridge toll only. Of course the guy who picked it up for me got a nice tip, but I don't think I've experienced anything close to the level of customer service I've received here. The fact that they would even do it for at all, not to mention for free, is the just one of the many reasons I'd come back whenever I'm around the area.