FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:50 pm
yerffej201

Originally Posted by justforfun
Third phone call to try and cancel a ticket. First two times credit cards were "declined". But they weren't. As others have posted, the charge is approved, then instantly is debited. Called CapitalOne and they of course said they're nothing wrong with my card. This third agent wants to try the automated payment system again. Trying to convince him that others have had the same issue and only manually entering the cc details works. We shall see....

Update #1: I'm going to kill them. 20 minutes with an agent while he contacts the payment department. They want me to try the automated credit card info a fourth time. And then the call drops. Now on call #4 and almost two hours wasted...

Update #2: After another hour on the phone(bringing the total to almost 3 hours), I give up. Will make a special trip to an Avianca office. I'm defeated.

Update #3: Went to the NYC office. Only waited a few minutes to see an agent(would have been faster if the other agent weren't on the phone with Tmobile concerning her cell phone. Agent took my info. And of course their credit card machine wasn't working. Produced a crisp $50 bill which she initially thought was fake. Miles were in my account before I left the office. So easy. Am never calling in again. Luckily I work nearby. Hadn't realized that. Blood pressure starting to get back down to normal.
wow, you went to the nyc office? crazy!