FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why bother with plates if what you're serving in GF resembles dog food anyway?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:20 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no doubt that F&B is on a downward spiral across GF & GC. The CCR is not much better. Presently GF reminds me of some Hilton hotels that do the bare minimum to fulfill the brand standard, for example smoked fish consisting of mackerel instead of smoked salmon because it's a lot cheaper. It's far too stodgy and unhealthy at present. There's no proper food on the GF all-day menu to the extent that it's become a gimmick rather than a solid alternative to the buffet and the burger is absolutely dreadful, it's not about whether it's well-done its the fact it resembles a hockey puck in texture and appearance.

The only slightly decent option is the "Portuguese" chicken with potatoes and beans but I've had better at a university canteen. As far as being "Portuguese" then might as well mention all the Southern/warm member states in naming it, e.g. next week "Maltese" chicken.

Across all the lounges the deserts are the frozen type you can find in Iceland for £1.99. I had a "brain freeze" from the cheesecake the other week as the digestive base was still partly frozen.

I noted the Parmigiano cheese has now been changed to "Italian hard cheese' presumably because its no longer Parmesan, perhaps it's now a cheaper Grand Padano. I've always wondered why the olive oil and balsamic vinegar have to be in god-awful bottles that you can't pour properly, would it be so hard to put a spout on them? On that matter, how about some wet-wipes somewhere? Many, many hotel and airline lounges have them.

To top it all and to much regret Ron Zacapa XO has gone from GF and will not be returning...whether staff members will bring it from CCR is another matter.

Talking of staff, there's a few who have worked in GF for as long as I can remember and chatting to one last week she agreed that the F&B has gone down considerably and the BA customer service desk woman chimed in too.