FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why bother with plates if what you're serving in GF resembles dog food anyway?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:36 am
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
If I found the lounge food to be as bad as it's described here, I'd be inclined to eat elsewhere and just get some drinks in the lounge, like I do at most third party lounges at an outstation.

I agree and disagree. I certainly don't inflict bad food on myself, regardless of whether it is free. However, not having a fancy expense account, nor piles of cash, I did/ do appreciate good quality grub when in a lounge, especially if it is likely to be better than the offerings on-board. In pre-lounge access times, I would often just wait it out until boarding time.

I have no problem paying for quality food, and dining out beyond our budget is one of our family indulgences. But airports rarely offer decent, good value choices.

For a while, GF offerings were superior to pretty much every on-board (BA) catering. I don't think that is any longer the case.

As a teetotaler, what I find galling is that the food offerings lag significantly behind booze in terms of quality, even though (I presume) the cost-base for increasing the food quality significantly would be a fraction compared with the price of JW blue -- which many on this board only seem to drink when it's offered for free.

tb