FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The future of Comfort Class
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:57 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Can't think of any carriers offering a true premium economy class who have many more rows than that. If you keep it small then you fill it with people actually buying it and don't have to give free upgrades to the scores of people buying regular economy with no seat assignment. And yes, most people buying premium economy are buying the bigger seat only, there's no much expectation of much more.
I have never experienced TK upgrdaing people to CC for free. SK plus has about half a Y (it's not UA Y+). If people really only want bigger seats they won't pay USD 400 more just for that. The worst abou Y+ is that it's for long haul flighs only, so if you have short haul connecting flight you will be in Y seats.

From IST to most Asian destinations are not that far. To HKG is from 8-10 hours, so I don't have such a big need to get bigger seats. However to the US is different, the flight to LAX is much longer than that, a bigger seat would be nice. I think that is definitely part of the reason why CC is always full to LAX.