FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Priority One
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:36 pm
ajnz

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by pbl22
That was the subtle point I was trying to make. NZ are saving this as a bribe for those who control large companies' travel spending. I would assume this is in return for some commitment of a certain large level of NZ $ spend. Nothing wrong with this, I guess, as it is NZ's way of rewarding corporate loyalty. However, I imagine the actual benefit of this falls to only one or two people in the company, which may not correlate at all with how much those individuals travel.

QF's CL instead seems to be more about looking after VIPs (which includes major CEOs, etc).
It's not really too surprising. As a corporate droid for a major MNC that spends a lot on travel, in the US United gives us a number of UGS nominations that get passed to senior execs - some of whom travel a lot, some do not. In Australia, we were given 5 QF CL memberships and they were given to the CEO, CFO, CTO, and two major account execs.

The rest of us who do the BIS don't tend to get there - although some folks do earn UGS (usually off last-minute US domestic travel).