FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New timing MEL/SYD/BNE to LAX
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:54 pm
Buzz53

Programs: QF WP, NZ G
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
The later 744's ex-MEL are interesting. The mid arvo arrival at LAX would really only suit those headed to LA area, or west coast/mountain destinations - it may well wind up being the "disneyland" flight more than the earlier 380's and the timing does appeal for a post-workday head over to LA as well. Could be a good move.
This will suit me perfectly. I have never liked the early QF departure from MEL because (a) hard to sleep on the flight and (b) the early LAX arrival. I always overnight at LAX and take the next day flight to where I'm going to in the US.
I have used NZ to meet my travel preference for many years as it arrives early PM, their BP product is great for sleeping, and its usually less expensive than QF in business. But the NZ FF scheme has gone downhill over the years so I don't feel particularly loyal to them. QF upgrade to F is great when it can be done. Maybe this might be more likely on the later departure? Maybe there will be more discount F available with the increased capacity which is tempting.