FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA offers more true First Class seats than AA
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:34 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
KE is now 100% flat/horizontal - SA has been 100% flat/horizontal for several years. I would pick the JL and NH Flat/Horizontal offerings over GF -- much better service, food and wine - and a bit less space but higher quality seat materials doesn't feel like you're sitting on a plastic pony.
Wow do I disagree. I'll take UA GF over SA and KE in J. I've flown them all, and I absolutely prefer UA GF.

Elitetraveler is correct that SA and KE in J now are true lie-flat. Of course, that also is true for UA in J on all longaul flights. Which makes it sometimes easier for us to not risk OTHER airline's J angle flat (where they have both and can sometimes switch equipment) and instead choose UA guaranteed lie-flat J on any longhaul. Others may make a different choice, but we'll go with the safest, less risky choice on a nonstop almost every time. (We've had LH switch equipment on us so many times giving us angle flat J that we now refuse to fly LH in J until they complete their overhaul in J.)