FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA offers more true First Class seats than AA
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:57 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin
UA may not measure up in some on-time numbers and its FAs may be reputed to be less friendly than those on other airlines, but when it comes to redeeming for true First, UA offers FAR more options than AA and DL isn't even in the game.
(emphasis added)

So, you seriously think UA's going to retain GF based on how many MP redemptions it gets for it?

You may end up a bit disappointed...

Originally Posted by Bonehead
I think you missed the 22 or so pmCO 772s with 50 BF seats only (which I find to be just fine, by the way).
Plus some pmCO 764s.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I can only go by the data I was able to find, so if I missed any, my apologies! But I think the data clearly demonstrates the number of UA planes with GlobalFirst clearly far exceeds the 14 AA 777-300ERs with First.
AA has more 77Ws on order (the fleet will eventually be 20), and they haven't pulled 3-class F from their 772 fleet yet. Their 772 J product hasn't been installed yet (it will come along with pulling their 772s).

So this is not exactly a completely fair comparison you've made (the new 772 J is actually an improvement on their 77W J, it would seem). Would you gauge AA's 77W product as superior, equivalent or inferior to UA 777 IPTE?

Oh, and UA's probably going to start retiring 777s and 767s soon (they were the launch customer for the 777) as the A350 comes on line... so by 2016-2018 your comparison may be dated, since it is dependent on whether or not UA will add a 3-cabin F product to the A350/787-9. We already know they haven't on the 787-8...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 25, 2014 at 4:06 pm