FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ESTA ("Electronic System For Travel Authorization") see here for threads and Q&A's
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:08 pm
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I mentioned the toll because op was trying to see if she could save $14, I was trying to mention costs associated with crossing the US/CA border. Not exactly surprised, the Rainbow bridge does charge for pedestrians:

Pedestrian toll is collected by an automatic turnstile when leaving Canada.
Infant passports are only valid for 2 years in Austria, Norway (3 years validity after they turn 2 and until they turn 10, more info from politi.no).

About the infant passport: parents were no longer allowed to add their kids into their passports after Oct. 1, 2004 due to an amendment in the Danish passport law. So I guess that the 2 years validity must have been introduced around that time.

The fee is not so rip off , I paid DKK 130/child passport (cheaper than a single entry Chinese visa), which is very reasonable (an adult 10yrs passport costs around DKK600). The other cost you have is taking a picture, and the time to hand in the form. Also I am totally in for this because you can't tell if that 4 yrs old kid is the real passport holder, based on the baby picture on the passport (The picture on the passport is black and white). No fingerptint was taken from my kids when they apply/renew passports when they were infant/2 yrs old, so I have no idea if the biometric data will help.

If you live here you will need a passport if you want to take a daytrip to Germany or Sweden (not sure how Schengen override the Nordic passport union).

From 2005 all passports and id cards in Sweden are valid only for 5 years.