FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Design patent for the Club World seat revealed
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:29 am
zkzkz

Here are the photos from the above post (click for 640x480 images)

[EDITED to add:]

Fwiw these are obviously not real photos, they seem to be photos of the demo seat that are then doctored in Photoshop. Still I find them much easier to grasp than the diagrams.

It seems like a good idea but I think the demo still has a long way to go to be viable. The cushion isn't really tenable as a substitude for a reclining seat. The lack of real back support will be unbearable after a few hours and can you imagine how that cushion will look after a few months of constant use?

Also the storage, while an improvement on the existing setup, is still repeating some of the same mistakes. A drawer down below your feet where you can't reach it? A vertical cubby to swallow up anything you put in it - and that's underneath the only horizontal surface available making it hard to get into it once you've put down your phone, book, camera, or of course your bubbly.

I still don't get how this could possibly be any saving over a herringbone pod. It's basically the same plus some extra space so you can sit sidewise in the pod.

Last edited by zkzkz; Aug 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm