FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PQD how will this play out for 2015?
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:58 am
griftsno1capper

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
here was there answer

"We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you. Thanks for writing.

The ticket is not eligible for PQD accrual as your travel agency booked it from their bulk ticket pricing.

Starting in 2015, a Platinum member will earn 9 miles per $1 spent on your airfare.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us."

So I get it on the bulk ticket side, they like it less. Still, if it was 4500 on an airline ticket, I should get credit for it. This is just one way to upset its customers, I could easily spend 75k a year with United and end up with 5000 PQD's and gold if I flew 250k miles per year with them (which is real for me).

I don't write the entire travel policy (although my company makes major exceptions for me since I'm at a certain level in the organization and travel to Asia 4-5x times per year and Europe 10-12x). My goodness, is it really that almost all US Airlines have gotten to the point where they can't see how Asian and European Airlines are just that much better?

Anyhow, thanks for everyone's comments, it is a shame but I think this will definitely push me over to Air Canada for Asia travel, their business class is always better and the fare is about 1k less for me on average. It is a shame Cathay is so far away from my location (16 hours to HKG with a 1:50AM departure), rarely does that sound appealing to me but you do travel well with them.

Travel safe.