FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:12 pm
Mamibear

Originally Posted by bookemdano
Hi all. I am about to sign up for Serve via ISIS (in the next few days). Maybe someone could PM me more info about the $10 amazon gc?

Crazy thing is I have had both a BB and regular Serve card for almost a year now. The key is that when I signed up for Serve (was a long time ago--two years maybe?) they never asked for SSN. Whenever I log in to Serve there's a blurb up top asking me to provide SSN but I've never done it, for obvious reasons. My Serve card is fairly gimped (can't pay bills from it and my limits for loading from CC are really low) but it's been enough to be able to take advantage of some of the AMEX Sync offers while I used BB for MS.

Truth be told, I'm still conflicted about getting rid of BB because of the checks. I have used those several times when having contractors work at my house (often they don't take CC). But it seems that the Isis Serve has some big advantages over BB, so I think I'm ready to make the switch.

What will be interesting is whether or not I will be able to sign up for the Isis Serve without first canceling my old Serve. Wondering if the lack of SSN means it will fly under the radar or if they will flag it some other way (address and/or DOB maybe). In any case, I will cancel it too if required, but going to try to keep it alive if I can.

If someone can PM me about the $10 amazon thing that'd be great. I'll delete the request once someone does.
I sent you info about the GC via PM.

regarding your plan to switch, if you want to keep your BB account, why not sign up your spouse to Serve-Isis (this one is better than just the reg Serve because of higher load available to you)? Then you can enjoy both but I tried both and like Serve-I a lot better even if it doesn't have paper checks.