FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PQD how will this play out for 2015?
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:53 am
griftsno1capper

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
PQD how will this play out for 2015?

Hi Everyone,

Recently I took a flight from PHL to PEK on a business class ticket I purchased through Vayama (the ticket was published at $400 higher on United.com). It was $5070 in airfare and another ~$500 in taxes see below. So, I flew the flights and they will not credit me with PQD's only PQM's.

This really irks me, I have already flown 90k miles as Chairman on USAir on Oneworld (so Emerald status will easily happen) and I've flown ~70k on United. I could easily hit 1k on United and fly 125k on Oneworld this year, I still have trips to Tokyo and Beijing left, with possibly another trip to Shanghai and multiple trips to Europe.

The question is, does anyone really understand how the PQD work and in 2015 would a ticket like this not qualify for miles? This is exactly the kind of thing that really stops me from flying an airline, it is not like I flew across the US for 130 USD, I paid a lot for this ticket and think about it, there policy is that they will have the lowest price or they will match the price and give you $100 dollars. I guess some people who travel for leisure will waste their time calling but if they really want people who spend money on tickets then they better rethink this policy.

I've only started flying them this year since US left *A but I'm finding that oneworld is probably better so I'm wondering what other FF's thoughts are on this. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

1 Adult(s) $ 5,070.00
Taxes and agent-imposed Fees $ 441.75
Total $ 5,511.75 USD
United Airlines $ 5,511.75 USD