FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD-SPI Flight Canceled With no Same-Day Rebooking Available - Other Options/Refund?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:57 pm
Amicus

Originally Posted by JPG3392
UA is obligated to get you to your final destination. It's not obligated to get you there tonight.
Which is why I was stunned that the UA telephone rep offered to get me to STL tomorrow but NOT SPI (my final destination).

Originally Posted by raybolt
I don't like the 'get-out-of-jail' that atc canceled the flight that UA (and others) like these days. As someone that works as a controller, we don't cancel flights... There might be big delays if some routes/airports are impacted, but the airlines are on their own to decide to cancel a flight (absent extreme circumstances). This same reason canceled my father's okc-ewr this morning because the e145 never left ewr last night.
-dan
In hindsight, I wish I had checked FlightAware and noted that my specific flight had been cancelled by UA several times recently; I would have proactively changed to the last flight out of ORD, which has not been cancelled.

ATC was the reason given, but it is frustrating that just 2 hours before, my flight was still showing "on time departure."

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 22, 2014 at 10:20 pm Reason: multi-quote should be used