FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BAEC focussed trip reports.
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:40 pm
Friederich

BAEC focussed trip reports.

I apologise in advance if I'm raking over old ground - I'm not the most frequent of forum visitors....

The vast majority of my air travel is with BA/One World. I enjoy reading and very occasionally contributing to the BAEC forum within Flyertalk. I don't frequent the wider Flyertalk forums, and have no reason or desire to do so.

I particularly enjoy reading the experiences of others travelling within the same network that I use. Contents of some such 'reports' may be mundane or trivial, but equally there can be some very useful info for fellow travellers.

Case in point was the 'report' this week from C-W-S. I am shortly travelling through LCY, and found the debate on the thread about transport from LHR/hotel options very interesting. Since the thread has been 'banished' the traffic and exchange of useful info has dried up.

So, genuine question - why the apparent hate amongst the powers that be for 'trip reports'? It's clearly a long standing conundrum, with jocularity surrounding contributions flirting with 'trip report' status and threat of consequent banishment to the obscure corners of the site.

Am I expected to find endless discussions over 241/chase/Tesco/lack of award availability more interesting than the experiences of those actually travelling the routes that I do?