FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TYP flight redemption: Prestige $0.0133 - $0.016/pt until 7/2017, Premier $0.0125/pt.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:26 pm
y2chen

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dw
At least in my case, for an AA flight, the TYP deducted were at the correct 1.6 cent/point rate... but applied to the HIGHER airfare that was initially listed.

B/c it initially shows you a dollar amount and the corresponding TYP amount in a grid organized by N/S and connections, it was easy to compare it with the grid on ITA and see the variations.

Checking my receipt on AA.com, it confirms the lower fare. So for this redemption, I actually only received 1.57 cents per point.

So perhaps we're basically talking about the same thing then... they're just displaying ti differently now.
EDIT: Comprehension not my strong suit today. Mine was a fully different fare class that Connexions wasn't displaying online, not the same fare class, just priced higher by ~$5.

==
I had this happen to me on my last booking on an AA flight.

I believe I called Connexions and asked what they saw for the routing, and then reported the fare that I saw on AA.com and any number of OTAs (Orbitz, Expedia, etc). At first, the rep made the usual claims about how perhaps AA shows a lower fare on their website, but after I brought up all the other OTAs (and after he looked it up for himself I think), I was sent to a different rep who manually priced the flight and the points required, and booked the award for me.

In the end, I did the $ -> TYP conversions manually on my side, and they matched up with the expected ratio. So if you're seeing something wacky, don't be afraid to call them up and ask. In my case, I think the difference was something like 2k+ TYPs per person.