FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 pm
nocornhusking

Originally Posted by Speedis1
For me, I know the risk that I was getting into, so I don't want to be greedy (karma), so all i want if one can call it "compensation" is to just let my relatives fly on those dates or similar dates. Still on the phone.... tick tockity...
I don't know what you mean by "risk that I was getting into." I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just presenting my point of view.

I was planning a trip to Asia. My friend told me there was a cheap rate on Malaysian Airlines. I found the rate, and booked it. I figured it was an introductory fare, or an "overbooking" thing, where maybe MH bought a bunch of capacity and was selling it quick to get a bunch of cash.

I did not suspect that it was a false advertisement, and I'm still not sure it's the case.

I theorize that MH authorized someone to make this price available based on the assumption that they would conclude negotiations for codesharing or inter-carrier ticketing, and they sold tickets based on this assumption. When their assumption wasn't realized, they chose to harm me, the customer, violating the contract I reasonably relied upon.

So, I didn't know what I was getting into. Maybe I'm naieve. I figured that with all the problems MH has had recently, they will be super careful and not make more mistakes. I'm still not sure if this is incompetence or malice.

All I know is that US Law protects me from them doing things like this, and if they made a mistake, it's their mistake, not mine. They need to make me whole.