FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:40 pm
nocornhusking

Originally Posted by Speedis1
I am currently on the phone with Cheaptix, and they said the note that was on my account stated that my only option was to receive a full refund from cheap ticket, and that the reason for the cancellation was that MH is no longer code-sharing with Cathay. I brought up the DOT regulation rule and E-ticket validation, which by law requires me to be flown. Agent was really kind and agreed. I am currently on hold while she tries and calls MH (we all know how that will pan out) and sort this. However, if nothing comes out of this, the agent already knows that I'd like to have this escalated to a manager/supervisor...will keep everyone posted!

I have called in recently. They say the only option is to accept a refund, then they ask my permission to issue the refund.

I had a dream where a company wanted as many people as possible to opt-in to waive their rights by voluntarily agreeing to a refund.

I informed the company that I declined their offer of a refund and I wanted what was booked.

I asked them to book me on a flight with the same source/destination on the same days and they declined.

Malaysian Airlines declines to speak with me, asserting that CheapTickets is my travel agent.

I recorded the audio call, I may edit out personal details and post.