FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tracking NF [New First]
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:38 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
G-BNLI is on its way to Victorville.
That was fast! Are they getting too practised in CWL at stripping out what they need to strip out?
Am I correct that there will be 5 OF 747's serving 4 cities, Vancouver, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Cape Town starting effectively November 1? And of course, it won't be F at all, just Club World with more room if you are afforded one of those seats up front. Seems to me that schedule will be hard to keep up given routine maintenance and unexptected technical issues.
These four routes will require about 4½ aircraft, so it's pretty much a full-on schedule for them. The general expectation is that NF aircraft will probably be subbed in if required.
Then next summer, starting with the retirement of G-BNLG (July) and G-BNLU (OCT 15) and G-BNLV (Nov 15) all with NF, would you be able to assume if the schedule holds that those NF cabins will be refurbished to G-BNLJ, G-BNLY and G-CIVC is some fashion? (G-BNLX and G-BNLZ are the last two to be retired thus not to get NF) Would it be fair to say that BA will have to ammend some of these cities not recieving First Class seats?
I suspect that we will see some more work on the NS 2015 and NW 2015/16 schedules in due course. It's too early to know for sure what's happening after the end of March 2015. And therefore it's probably far too early to book anything on the basis of wanting a specific aircraft type.