FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spanish Honeymoon Itinerary - Help, Advice, Tips, etc.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:47 am
LupineChemist

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Thanks for your help!

I'm intrigued by the idea of skipping Valencia in favor of Granada, but I don't really understand your reasoning. It seems like you enjoy Valencia, so I'm unclear why you say our time would be better spent elsewhere. I'm definitely not unwilling to consider other alternatives, I just don't get why you are recommending against Valencia, so I'd appreciate a bit of clarification on that. As far as having a lively atmosphere and fun night-life, is Grenada or Valencia better? One reason we chose Valencia is because it has a good hotel option on points, whereas Granada would require a cash outlay (not a problem, but all else being equal we'd prefer to pay with points).
I am just trying to say that while Valencia is a nice city, it's not somewhere I would say is very worthy of limited time as a tourist. The nightlife is infinitely better in Granada and Andalucía in general. The only problem in general is that Granada and Madrid don't have a high speed rail line. But you can actually fly directly there for cheap on Vueling or Air Europa directly from PMI and then head on to Sevilla from there.