FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - chase has different Verify by visa procedures now for online transactions
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:39 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idlingbye
I know this sounds odd, but my BA transactions (on a CSP) are still thrown to the (correct) VbV page.
Did you make your purchase from BA UK site or BA US site?

I have redeemed BA awards many times, paid by various cards that have 0% forex fee for fear the billing being done overseas. Yet, each time it was billed by BA US, and the site NEVER throws me to the VbV screen.

Needless to say, I am using BA US site because my membership is US-based.

On the other hand, 2 weeks ago I purchased a fully refundable ticket from UA site, using the Marriott's card because it earns 2x on airline purchases and I might cancel my UA card before I may cancel the ticket for a refund, the UA site threw me to the VbV screen with a BROKEN symbol - as if the connection was in jeopardy... For a while I watched the spinning of the connection symbol thinking it was messed up... seemed like taking forever, but it eventually came back with Confirmed Purchase... Whew! I have NEVER experienced VbV on UA site in the past when paying with a US Visa card!